Friday, October 12, 2012

Avoiding Blogger's Remorse and Other Miscellaneous Thoughts

I wrote this long, well-thought out blog post yesterday. Before I wrote it I had a feeling it probably wasn't something I wanted to publish. But I pushed that feeling aside and wrote the post anyway. As I was finishing I couldn't ignore that feeling so I just clicked save and then closed blogger.

Fast-forward to today. I am so glad I didn't publish it. I like to think of myself as an open, friendly, and non-judgmental person. Sometimes Mark says I might be a little too open... but mostly he likes how open and honest I am about life and its joys and sorrows and hilarity. The blog post I wrote yesterday was very meaningful and very personal... too personal as Mark would say. And I am glad I didn't publish it. I am glad I avoided blogger's remorse. It felt great to get my ideas out and organized but it is one of those things that should simply stay between me and those closest to me.

Whew. Glad that's over.

That being said life is moving in a positive direction. I have actually been super depressed lately (that is not what the aforementioned post was about, though). Part of it is because Mark has been gone a lot. I mean we're talking 14 hour days (don't laugh if your husband is gone more. I am still getting used to it.) working on a service that he doesn't like so he comes home cranky and exhausted. We would spend 45-60 minutes together at most and then he would crash into bed. He didn't see Austin for a couple of days in there. It was lame.

Also, we tried to switch internet service providers. It has been a fiasco. The new service is so abysmal that we ended up switching back to our old provider. So that has been a source of tension, since we would argue about whether or not to go back. And I am trying to start a new hobby but feeling guilty about it because like most hobbies, it isn't free.

Last night Mark came home relatively happy. It was so nice. And since our internet was being lame we just sat and talked all of the above-mentioned problems out. When I write them down they sound trivial... probably because they are. But a lot of little things added up doesn't feel trivial. So we talked about everything and worked it out and today I feel like a million bucks.

Communication in marriage is essential to marital bliss. I think my life is so awesome because I have a husband who is willing to talk things out with me and help me see the error of my ways (if I am in the wrong) or who listens to me (when he is wrong). Sometimes we are both wrong and we can help each other there too. I sure love my husband. He is the best. Here's to hoping he doesn't have a crazy weekend and that we can actually go on a date :)

P.S. My new hobby is quilting. And I am SO excited to get started. I have a pattern and now I am super excited to get started!!!

No comments: