Friday, July 13, 2012

Austin's Three Month Update

I can't believe my son is three months old already! He grows so fast that I can literally see changes in him from the beginning of the week to the end, and that is saying something since I am with him 24/7.

I can't imagine my life without Austin. He is such a champ. I love him more every day that passes.



At three months:

Austin has found his thumb. Not his fingers, or hand, his thumb. And he loves to suck on it. As awesome as self soothing is I really would like to not have to wean him off his thumb so whenever we see him with it in his mouth we try to replace it with a pacifier. But he does seem to like this thumb better than the pacifier... so we'll see what wins out in the end. You have to pick your battles, even with a three month old!

Austin sleeps consistently for 7-8 hours every night and takes at least one 3 hour nap every day, usually two. He is a GREAT sleeper, which makes me a very, very (lucky) happy mom. He often puts himself to sleep, which is also great.

Austin is a BIG smiler. When he wakes up he always gives whoever gets him a HUGE smile. Sometimes the first thing he sees is himself if he is asleep in his swing. There is a mirror just above him. So if he sees himself first after a nap then he just sits there and smiles and coos at himself. It is awesome.

Austin loves to "talk" with mom and dad. He coos and babbles. He still doesn't have laughing down yet but I can tell he is trying.

Austin is becoming more and more interested in toys! It makes playtime more fun.

Austin really likes to just sit and listen to mom practice the piano. I think he is going to be a musician.

Austin is not sure about bottles anymore. He used to take them like a champ. He gets at least one a day just to keep up his skill and lately he has been resisting the bottle but he still takes it eventually. Here's hoping he keeps it up!

Austin has rediscovered his love of tummy time. He loved it, then hated it, now he likes it again. He moves around a TON! I am amazed that in the course of about 5 minutes he can turn almost a full circle on his tummy. He sure a strong boy!

Austin still loves to be swaddled but can no longer be fully swaddled at night. He has to be swaddled with one arm out at night because he can roll over onto his belly if fully swaddled but not back to his back. He can't quite roll over at all with one arm out so that keeps him safe for now :)

Austin is just starting to grow out of his 0-3 month clothing, which is appropriate since he is 3 months old. He is growing so fast!!!

If you read that whole post good for you. Mostly I wrote it down for myself. I love Austin so much. I am just enjoying every moment and every phase because I may never have another child with which to enjoy this little things. Austin might be it. So I treasure every. single. moment. I LOVE this boy!!!


No comments: