Thursday, December 1, 2011

Movement

One of the very best feelings I have ever experienced is my son kicking around in my tummy. He is surprisingly strong for only being 21 weeks! What a wonderful boy. I can't wait to meet him, but I love this experience so much I do not want to rush him out in any way. I want to treasure every moment because it has been a while in coming.

I am so blessed to have this pregnancy. I thank Heavenly Father every day for this great blessing. The ability to be pregnant is a gift. Maybe not everyone sees it that way, but it is. It truly is. You might think it is on your timing but it isn't it is the Lord's. And maybe you are lucky enough that both your idea of when to have children and his coincide. That was not the case for me. And unfortunately not everyone receives that gift from our Heavenly Father in this life. Some people have to wait. My waiting was not long at all. Four years is really not a long wait. But sometimes it felt long. It was sad and lonely. I was happy for others, but sad for myself. But the joy and sweetness of fulfillment makes my cup run over with joy. Every tear shed, every painful (emotional and physical) medical procedure was worth it.  I already love this boy so much I can't imagine loving him more when he comes but I am sure I will!

5 comments:

Cheesecake Momma said...

Look at your cute baby bump!!! You are a gorgeous pregnant woman!

A. B. said...

Thank you!

Emily said...

Amanda, this picture of you is so cute. I just love it! It makes me smile so much. You will be the best mom. I am so excited for your little boy to be born!

Broc and Melanie said...

Yes! Feeling baby IS one of the most amazing experiences!! So happy for you :)

Chapples said...

You look adorable. I'm not pregnant anymore but every time I read your posts I cry...I cannot blame hormones anymore. Crying happy tears. :) I am so happy that you are pregnant. How wonderful a blessing! Thank you for posting your appreciation to be pregnant, it helps me remember to be thankful too. :)