Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Mother's Love

Isn't she beautiful?


I have the most wonderful mother in the world. She is a beautiful person inside and out. I will never be able to repay her for everything she has done for me. All I can do is hope to pay it forward. When my son is born I hope that I can be the kind of mother for him that my mother was for me: patient, kind, understanding, patient, loving, patient, generous. Did I mention patient? My mother embodies that virtue. She was that and so much more. She was trusting. She guided my decisions but always, always let me choose for myself. And if the consequences were hard to live with she would help me understand them and how to live with them. Best. Mom. Ever. I am so thankful she sacrificed her time and money to come and visit me in North Carolina. I love her more than words can express.

No comments: