Monday, December 12, 2011

Generosity

I feel so much gratitude in my heart for the generosity of others. Sometimes the goodness and generosity of people in my ward is overwhelming.

Maternity clothing is quite expensive. I certainly cannot afford to purchase a brand new wardrobe that I will only wear for 5 months. My mother-in-law and my mother purchased me several pieces of maternity clothes. I am so thankful for their generosity. The clothing is beautiful and functional and it will serve me to the end.

A friend of mine in the ward lent me her entire maternity wardrobe. She has about 20 shirts, 2 skirts, and several pairs of pants and jeans. Wow. I can't believe she is just letting me borrow it like that!

Another friend of mine gave me a shirt and a dress. She said she never wore them in two pregnancies and thought I could use them. So awesome.

And finally, my visiting teacher just gave birth to a daughter 5 weeks ago. She just found out I was expecting and gave me a big hug and congratulations at the ward party on Saturday night. She said that she and her husband are 100% sure (surgically sure, one of them is undergoing a procedure) that they will not be having any more children. She said she had a lot of long sleeved shirts she was going to sell but said she would just give them to me. So she brought me over probably 10 or 11 shirts, a dress, and a pair of pants. Wow. Who does that?!

And I feel so blessed because all three of those women are my size. So the clothes fit perfectly. I have had several people tell me that I will be really tired of my maternity clothes by the time I have my baby. I am not sure that is going to be the case. With the generosity of my family and friends my maternity wardrobe is bigger than my regular one!

Thank you everyone!

1 comment:

Sam and Kat said...

that is awesome!! And I'm not sure who told you that you'll get sick of maternity clothes but that was NOT the case for me, lol.. I wore my maternity jeans and shorts(and still wear my skirt and a few shirts) for months after Ivy was born! I don't know why they don't make normal clothes as comfortable as those. haha! way to go on scoring all the clothes! I'm sure they will be good for years to come. My sister's and I trade off the maternity wardrobe because we are all the same size. I know how nice it is to not have to spend $ on that sorta thing. It's the best! How wonderful to have such generous friends!