Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Still A Boy!

I had another ultrasound today to double check that my boy's heart was doing fine. And it's fine. So no worries. His spine is looking great. He is moving around quite a lot. He is a normal size.

And he still a boy. Definitely a boy.

My blood sugar has been good. I have been taking my blood sugar like a champ and being super careful about what I eat. And I have been exercising at least 4 days a week. Mark and I decided I need to make a list of why gestational diabetes has been a blessing. I mean it too! I have never exercised so regularly or eaten such a healthy, balanced diet in my life.

And I have only gained 2 pounds since I became pregnant. I did in fact loose a pound in the last month instead of gaining anything. I was feeling quite nervous about that. Everything I read says I am supposed to be gaining. But the doctor came in, took one look at my numbers and said "Your weight looks great. Your blood pressure looks great. How are you feeling?" Well, fine I guess! I mentioned the weight loss thing. He said not to worry at this point. If he's not worried, I'm not worried. I was about nine pounds overweight when I got pregnant. I guess I didn't need to add anything to those maternal fat stores and all that exercise and good eating must be paying off.

Anyway. I am so delighted to be having a child. I feel so blessed and happy. Sometimes I look at my life and think that it can't be mine because it is just so wonderful. I am so thankful for my many blessings, especially this one. I am going to cherish this experience. I do not know when (or even if) it will ever happen again. I am thankful it has been a delightful and pleasant experience for me. No sickness. Just a little tired and a little back pain (that has since gone away since I started to exercise). What a blessing. I am so excited to have my boy come, but I like I said, I am going to cherish every moment of this great blessing.

They say that having infertility makes you appreciate your pregnancy (if you are blessed to start your family in that way) in a different way than if you did not have infertility. I think that is true. At least for me. I am sure every woman blessed to carry a child feels blessed and honored to do so, but I believe that for myself I appreciate in a deeper and more meaningful way that I otherwise would have because it was a small struggle to get to this point. I really do not know if I would have appreciated the beauty, miracle, and blessing that this is without having had infertility issues first. So I am glad for my trial and even gladder for this wonderful, wonderful blessing!

No comments: