Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Wonderful Husband

I had the best anniversary ever. And not only was it the best anniversary ever, I had the best year of my marriage ever. It seems like each year gets better than the last. Even the hard years are wonderful (i.e. the year when my dad died and the miscarriage five months later).

Mark is an amazing companion. He loves me very much and I know it not only by the things he says, but by the things he does. Last night is a perfect illustration. It was our anniversary "date". Here is what he did:

  • He let me choose the restaurant (Chick-fil-A) because I have to be on a strict diet because of my pregnancy. We had to go with something inexpensive because we're on a budget. And we already had a big anniversary celebration about three weeks ago. 
  • We went to a baby clothes store and just browsed around in the little boys section. 
  • We went to the Hallmark store right next door to the baby store. He HATES that sort of stuff but he just walked around with me and enjoyed talking about future plans for decorating our house (when we can afford it) and playing with the funny stuff. He did let me know he was ready to leave but then stuck it out for 10 more minutes so I could finish looking.
  • When we went to the Redbox to rent a movie he let me choose Jane Eyre even though he wanted to see Captain America. 
  • When we came home I was halfway between being asleep and awake on his shoulder and he let me lay there for about 40 minutes before suggesting I go to bed. 
  • Then he walked me upstairs, tucked me in, and kissed me goodnight.
Best husband ever. I mean really. Who does that? He is unselfish, kind, and patient. Sometimes I wonder what I did to get such a wonderful companion. He really seems too good to be true. Not only is his unselfish, kind, and patient, but he is also an incredibly hard worker. He studies for hours each day and is doing really well in medical school. I am so proud of him. And I am so pleased to be his wife. I am so glad he chose me. 

No comments: