Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Sense of (Off) Balance

I finally feel a little off balance. And I couldn't be happier! I am nearly six months pregnant and I have stayed pretty small up to this point. I am finally growing large enough that I feel a little off balance. I feel like I am swaying my back and so I go to adjust my standing position and I find that there is really nothing I can do. I am not swaying my back, my center of gravity is just changing. It makes me feel so happy and peaceful! I have never been so glad to be off balance in my life. It means that my son is growing and healthy. I always look forward to each doctor's visit to confirm that everything is going well. I have one in just a couple of days and I can't wait to hear his little heart beating again.

He has been moving around a lot more these days. Or he is just strong enough that I feel it a lot more. I can even see it sometimes with my eyes. I saw it for the first time on December 21 when I was in the airplane somewhere between Nashville and Phoenix. It was so awesome.

I am so excited for Austin to join the family. He even has a homemade felt stocking made to match his dad's made by his Grandma Van Gesen. I should have taken a picture to share but I forgot before we packed up all the Christmas things. I guess it will make its first appearance later. Just like its owner!

I am excited for April 16, or thereabouts, to arrive and with it my boy. But I am enjoying this pregnancy. I don't know when or if I will have another one so I want to treasure every single minute!

No comments: