Sunday, January 29, 2012

Nesting?

I was just having this conversation the other day with my mom. I basically said, "Mom, I have heard about this thing called 'nesting' but I am so tired and exhausted from work every single day that I don't know if I will ever feel it."

What is nesting exactly?

Well, if it is this urge to have everything perfectly ready when the baby comes then I think maybe I was feeling it just a little bit yesterday. I desperately wanted to get his room closer to ready. We have three bedrooms in our house. One we were using as an office/library and the other was full of storage and junk. About two weeks ago we cleaned out the junk/storage room and starting moving all the stuff in the office/library over into that room. We never finished. Well, yesterday we finally moved over the last bookshelf, desk, and pile of blankets. All that is left in the old library is a little clean up and then it will be ready for yesterday's big purchases. Moving the crib from the wish list to the order basket was surreal. I know that sounds dramatic, but I am just so excited. When the time came to pay, I was so nervous and excited to push the "order" button on Amazon I thought I would squeal. Okay. I did squeal. Just a little bit :)

Purchase #1:

Purchase #2:

Purchase #3: 




I also ordered a mattress pad, but there is nothing too exciting about a picture of that. They were all on this killer sale on Amazon AND I am so excited to get my baby's room ready I can hardly stand it. The stroller will not be in the room, obviously, but Mark was really excited about it. We did all the shopping and deciding together.

Is all that that nesting?

3 comments:

Sam and Kat said...

I found that nesting for me was more of a funny and annoying feeling I'd get that my house was just NEVER clean enough. Even after I'd clean it, lol.. Since we were moving about a month before Ivy came, I never got a chance to actually set up her room until we were down in Houston. Then it was just a little corner of our room (we were in a 1 bedroom for the summer). Take advantage of the energy you have now because those last few weeks you might not feel like doing anything anymore! At least that's how it was for me, lol!

Unknown said...

I'm like you, and I think it is a type of nesting. I feel this need to have all the essentials for Baby as soon as possible, even though there are plenty of weeks to go. I guess I feel like I need everything ready, just in case he's early.

Melissa S. said...

Ok, that crib/shelf thing next to it, so SOOOOOOOO STINKIN' CUTE!!! I'm squealing in my head for you!!!! ;)