Friday, February 3, 2012

No Matter What

I have had a good week no matter what happens today. My last couple of Fridays have been incredibly hard days with my students and they have left me with a bad taste in my mouth as I go into my weekend. But today is not going to be that way. Because before I go to to work (i.e. right now, at 6:00 AM) I am going to remind myself what a good week it has been.

My students have all but a few pages of their music learned and my concert isn't for six weeks.

My All-County students are learning their music fast and they are well behaved and dedicated. AND I am taking 12 boys this year!!! (Compared to only 3 last year).

During Silent Time for Individual Listening Logs (STILL) my students were actually quite interested in the music. (I make them study a classical composer every month and listen to a piece of his music every Thursday).

I had only one real discipline problem and the parent totally backed me up. I want to be a parent like that.

My principal is back at work and things just seem to go so much more smoothly when he is in charge! (He was out for over two weeks because he got a really bad knee injury and had to have surgery).

My classroom was clean at the end of every single workday.

I have just felt good about this week! My kids are really coming along in their music and sight reading. So no matter what happens today, it has been a good week and nothing can take that away from me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you! I used to be in a class that always left me fuming and angry and stressed out for the rest of the day. Then I realized how silly I was for letting a dumb teacher get me down. Things got a little easier after that, and surprisingly, I got a good grade in the end! Teenagers are tough though, so I don't blame you for getting stressed at the end of the week. Just always remember to pat yourself on the back every once in awhile, because you deserve it, girl!