Thursday, November 1, 2012

If She Were Here

I address this to my sister as if she were here. God lets people read blogs in heaven, right?

Dear Liz,

I went to Target for the first time by myself yesterday. I kind of know what people are talking about when they say they like it so much. It is kind of cool. It is like Wal-Mart except the atmosphere is way better and it isn't as dirty.

Of course I was wandering around the baby section. Mostly I was looking for a costume for Austin... buuutt I guess most people buy their kids' costumes before Halloween. There was nothing. BUT I did wander past the Baby Mum-Mums!

I had totally forgotten about those! They totally reminded me of you. I remember when I nannied for Abby for those six weeks when she was about a year old how you always had them and how you swore by them. You told me she loved them and that if she was ever fussing to give her one and she would be happy. You knew her so well.

Anyway I bought a box for Austin thinking of you. I gave him his first one out in the car and he LOVED it. He just chowed down on his second one a few minutes ago. He is teething and he loves the texture. He is always a little surprised when it runs out... :)

I couldn't help but think of you. Every time I see the box I think of you. It actually makes me kind of sad. I miss you so much. I miss talking to you. I miss calling you. I miss how funny you were. I miss all your advice. You were seriously the best big sister I could have asked for. You were smart and sassy and wise and no one understood me better when I would complain about mom's new boyfriend or about infertility or about struggles in my marriage. I will miss you forever. I love you. I'd get more mushy but I know that that isn't really your style. Love you sister.

Love,
Amanda

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I like getting to know Liz better through reading your memories and thoughts about her. I am glad you are posting so much on your blog. I wish wish wish I lived closer to you!! I love you three so much.