Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It's Over

The election is finally over.

I am relieved that it is over.

I am disappointed that Mitt Romney didn't win.

I believe we are in for 4 more years of pretty much the same: a weak president and a divided congress.

I don't think a whole lot is going to get done on capitol hill except for a great deal of bickering.

I think Barack Obama is a good man who does what he thinks is best for the country even if disagree with him.

Even though I didn't vote for him now is time for me to get behind my president and support him in the office he is in.

In all the honesty of my heart I can say "Great fight Mitt Romney," and "Congratulations, best of luck, and you have my support, President Obama."

2 comments:

Kimcapps13 said...

Amanda, I keep meaning to tell you this, but I am so proud to be your cousin. You are insightful and wise beyond your years, alot like your dad. I love reading your blog. Even though we don't see each other often, I hope you know, I do love you and I appreciate your share your life with us through your blog. I completely agree with you, now its time to work together to make the next four years the best we can, regardless who our president is. Love, Kim

Michelle said...

Amen. Well-said! It feels very much like Clinton's re-election to me. Meanwhile, life is good. We have the restored gospel and families that we love with all our hearts, and thankfully, still a free country!