Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Distinctly Unmotivated

I have been feeling in a funk lately. I have been distinctly unmotivated to do ANYTHING. I don't feel like going to work. I don't feel like cleaning my house. I don't feel like watching a movie. I don't feel like reading a book (well I do. but I can't find a good one.) In short, I don't feel like doing anything! I just want to stay at home and sleep or hang out with my wonderful husband. I haven't felt like this in so long I have forgotten how to get myself out of this feeling... hopefully with the help of my Heavenly Father I will be able to change my attitude. And soon. I can't live with myself like this!

In other news, Mark and I had a wonderful weekend in DC with our friends, the Condies. We love them. We feel so lucky they live so close to us! We were friends back at BYU and now they live near DC and so we visit each other whenever we can. She is a teacher too and they are in the process of adoption so we always have a lot to talk about. Mark and I are not in the process of adoption, but we do have infertility issues so that is what I mean.

Work has been ok. Like I said. Unmotivated.

I got a new calling! Now I teach in primary. I have 5 girls all turning 9 years old. They are very energetic and need a lot of love and guidance, but I enjoy my calling. Primary is awesome. I wish I could stay in there with the kids forever!

Maybe that is a way to get out of my funk. Counting my blessings and instead of focusing on the things I don't love to do, I should focus on those things that I do love to do. Maybe I'll give that a try and report back.

3 comments:

Melissa S. said...

I feel like that about Primary too!!! Even if I DO feel tired or onery or blah before church I always leave feeling refreshed by those kids. I hope I never have to leave Primary too!
And about your funk....i'm pretty sure everyone gets like that (unmotivated) at times....or maybe it's just me and you....who knows. But that's what makes our PRODUCTIVE times feel so AWESOME. Something that usually helps me is serving, but it seems like you do that everyday being a teacher anyway huh....oh, and we missed y'all yesterday. No more leaving town.

Chapples said...

We all get in a funk like that sometimes. I bet Primary will help you a lot. I love my class, and the funny things they say cheer me up! We love you!

Emily said...

I love that you came to visit us! We had a blast and can't wait to see you and Mark again SOON! :)

I'm sorry you're in a funk. I hope it gets better soon. I love what you said about counting blessings. I'm trying to do that too and to have a grateful journal. That really helps. I'm trying to write down three things a day that I'm grateful for. I also just bought a journal to use as a complaining journal because sometimes I also have a lot to complain about and I find I feel better if I write about it instead of dwelling on it.

Good luck! I love you!!!!