Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Tribute

I really have been missing my dad these days. I think it is because the two year mark of his passing away is this month. The last time I saw him living and coherent was two years ago this week. I just really miss him. I cried myself almost all the way to work today. Really cried. I just miss him. I wish he was here for so many reasons. If he was alive here are the things I would have said to him this morning. 

Thank you for teaching me to love beautiful things.
Thank you for always playing beautiful music loudly in the morning, especially the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Thank you for encouraging me to be excellent.
Thank you for always being proud of me.
Thank you for always offering to fight my battles but never really doing it so I could learn how. 
Thank you for being a follower of Jesus Christ.
Thank you for taking time to do fun things with me.
Thank you for being such a hard worker and teaching me by example what it means to do your job well.
Thank you for being the best dad ever.

I miss my dad. I can't wait to be with him again in heaven. 

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love you. This is a beautiful post.

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Amanda! I'm so glad you wrote that down (typed it, rather :) and shared it.