Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Best Dad Ever

I know I just posted about my dad, but September is a special month for me to think about him because I just miss him so much. It will be two years this month. I still miss him as much now as I did then. My mentor teacher lost his father early in his life too. During our meeting yesterday he said, "You know Amanda, I feel I can tell you this now, but you never get over it." And I agreed with him 100%. You just don't ever get over a loss like that in your life. I don't believe the old adage that says "Time heals all wounds." It doesn't. It doesn't heal all wounds. Time allows you to grow and teaches you how to continue to live happily with the wounds you have. I think Eternity heals all wounds. Because when time is gone and we are all living forever together in Eternity there will be no more loss and the loss that you suffered during time will be restored unto you. So time doesn't heal all wounds, but eternity does.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love you.

Michelle said...

Beautiful. And true. We are meant to be with our families, and so of course it will always hurt when someone is missing that should be with us. Grief is part of love. At least in time, not eternity. . . .