Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

I love having an afternoon off from work! I have another visit to the doctor today so I took the afternoon off. I have all sorts of time to blog and read and write and download pictures from my camera to my computer and then back up the computer. Is nice having a day off. I am looking forward to my vacations and snow days :)

So over Labor Day weekend Mark and I went up to Washington DC and Stephen's City, VA to visit our friends, the Condies. We had a FABULOUS time. They are the best hosts and they have the most comfortable and beautiful home.

 I love that face. I love that smile. I married the best man in the world. 
 We rode the Metro! I had never used public transportation like that before. It was awesome. It ended up taking longer than we thought it would because of construction, but it was worth it for the experience. 
 We walked past the National Mall, but didn't really visit any of the monuments. It was just the Smithsonians this time!

 We visited the National Air and Space Museum. It was really cool! Next time we want a guided tour!
 They have Cafe Rio in DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was like a taste of the west. There were about 4 other Mormon families in there. It was pretty funny. Coincidence? I think not :)
 BYU's first game of the season was Saturday. The boys watched the whole thing. We won. Just barely. Emily and I got bored half way through and left to go do some crafting upstairs :) Afterward we had butterbeer. It was amazing!
This picture is a little fuzzy, but it is the best one I got. We love the Condies and had a blast visiting with them! Hopefully we'll get to do it again soon. 

4 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE these pictures! We had the absolute best time with you guys! I need to email you the other picture of the four of us! I'm sorry! :)

I love you!!! Miss you!

Emily said...

This makes me homesick for Provo and you were in DC! Looks like so much fun!

Melissa S. said...

Okay, so I still haven't eaten at Cafe Rio (DC or in Utah)......does that make me excommunicated or something? ;)
Glad you had a fun trip.

Michelle said...

So fun! It reminds me of our student days in Tallahassee. I love getting a clearer mental image of your surroundings from the photos you include on here.