Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's Real

Nesting I mean. I thought work would keep me too busy and too tired to feel it but it hasn't.

Before I became pregnant I had no idea what it really meant or felt like. And I think it feels different for different women, but I am 100% certain it is happening to me.

I just have this strange urge to get everything ready to go. I want his nursery to be perfect. I want my house to be clean at all times in case I go into labor early. I want to have everything I could possibly need for his arrival (baby monitor, clothing, diapers, wipes, medicines, blankets, etc...) all organized and ready to be used.

Logically I know that I all I need is a crib, some blankets, clothing, and a car seat to get him home. And that's pretty much all. And if it isn't in perfect order I will still have a baby and still bring him home and I can get it all together after he arrives.

But I just have this REALLY strong urge to have it perfect beforehand. I am pretty sure it is nesting.

For example:

Today I had just finished the grueling task of completing Mark's laundry and mine. Besides that I also wanted to sweep and mop all the floors. But instead of doing that I just felt compelled to go into Austin's room and start organizing all of this clothing. It has been laying (lying?) out in piles in his room for about three weeks because I just haven't known what to do with it. So I went to work on it instead of finishing my floors or going grocery shopping. It might sound silly but I just felt the strangest urge to DO something about that room.

Anyway. Nesting is real. And I am so excited for Austin to be born I can hardly stand it. Just about 4 more weeks and he'll be here!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

4 weeks, that's crazy soon!! Take advantage of your feeling of urgency to get things done because I bet you will be glad you were so well prepared. It's amazing how much harder it is to run to the store or get the laundry done when you have a little one at home! But you'll find a good rhythm for life really quickly. It just takes some adjustment. You're going to be such a great mom :) I'm getting so excited for you!

Katherine said...

Ha - and you thought this would never happen :) I'm so excited for your little guy to have such amazing parents!