Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Best Summer Ever

I am having the best summer of my life. Here are the things I have done:

1. Hiked at Hanging Rock
2. Visited a roller coaster theme park, Carowinds and ate lunch at Chick-fil-A.
3. Went on a temple trip with the traditional IHOP lunch afterward
4. Went on a Spontaneous Car Ride that ended in chocolate truffles and sour cherry candies
5. Walked around Wake Forest
6. Visited Duke University (SO awesome looking!)
7. Visited my first pawn shop with Mark and bought 4 movies for $5.
8. Ordered Pizza just because we wanted to
9. Had an awesome shake from Cook Out Grill just because we felt like it
10. Made homemade freezer jam that ROCKS
11. Watched "Say Yes to the Dress" and "Hoarders" every day
12. Read "My Antonia" by Willa Cather
13. Made some awesome chicken recipe that is now a family favorite

Isn't that awesome? And here are the things that we are planning still to do this summer:

1. Going to the Epcot Center at Disney World!
2. Going to visit the Tharps and the fabulous Floridian beaches (possible snorkling!)
3. Camping and Canoeing at Hanging Rock
4. Creating awesome 4th of July Food
5. Watching Harry Potter 7 pt. 2!
6. Go-karting
7. Celebrating Mark's Birthday!
8. Going to the zoo at Asheboro
9. Visiting Charleston (maybe... we might be too tired! or out of vacation money!)

Doesn't that sound awesome? I am seriously having the best summer of my life. I am so relaxed and peaceful and it feels great. We are getting some much needed repairs done on our house and hopefully we'll get one more done before we leave. I am roasting as I write this because our AC unit broke. I actually called about the unit this last week because I felt like it wasn't working as it should. The guy said nothing was wrong. Well. At least I have the consolation of being right. There definitely was something wrong because now it is broken. So I am annoyed and hot, but still having the summer of my life.

On a more serious note Mark and I are trying to start our family and I am having some serious fertility treatments done this summer. I am thankful that we are doing all sorts of fun things to keep my mind off of it all. We sure hope that these treatments result in a successful pregnancy but we also have faith in the Lord's timing and know that all things will work together for our good.

And one final thing. I would like to announce that there have been NO cockroaches yet this year. Hooray! After the war I waged last summer I am thankful to not have seen any of my creepy little enemies hanging around. Hopefully they will stay away!

Happy Summer!

No comments: