Monday, July 25, 2011

It's My Blog and I'll Write Politically Charged Statements if I want to!

So basically I will write them here because I am too chicken to write them on facebook. I have a lot of very conservative friends and it is just not worth alienating them to post my true feelings and thoughts on facebook. I respect their views and I love them as people. I will therefore confine my political and social commentary to my own blog where they can choose to read it or not.

Let me just say that I am so frustrated with the Republican Congress! They continue to attempt to blame President Obama for being unyielding when it is they who will not budge! He has already committed what is akin to political suicide in his party by agreeing to huge spending cuts in entitlement programs. No democrat in their right mind would do that. He is definitely compromising with the republicans by agreeing to those giant cuts. It is THEY who will not budge on the fact that revenue needs to be increased. The fastest way to pay down the debts and balance the budget is to combine the republican desire to cut entitlement spending AND the democratic desire to increase taxes. I could just strangle Representative Bohner. He is incompetent and rude. I would never vote for him. Thank goodness he is not from my state. I would be ashamed.

I have no use for Tea Party activists. No one needs extremism. They are fracturing the republican party and if they think they can take an election I think they have another thing coming. There are too many moderate people left in this country and their right wing extremism is almost akin to those of the libertarian. They might as well join ranks. They are as bad for our country in their way as left wing extremists are. Extremism is not the answer and never has been.

AND I think President Obama is doing a fine job as president. He is better than Bush at any rate. What did Bush do? The national debt sky rocketed under his term. The recession started when HE was president. And he got us into huge wars with no end in sight. I am sorry but I cannot be convinced that Bush was a good president. He was a decent man but not a decent president. Sure Obama is not perfect. I 100% disagree with his overhaul of healthcare and I think it needs to be repealed. But overall I think he is trying to do right by the country and trying to be a strong leader and take us in a positive direction. Unless the republicans can come up with someone amazing, I am planning on voting for Obama again.

I'll admit. I voted for McCain in the last general election. And I TOTALLY regretted it! I am SO glad Obama won anyway. I think he is doing a good job given the fact that he came into the presidency at an extremely difficult time.

I know a lot of members of my church think that Mitt Romney could solve many of our problems and how great it would be for a member of the church to be in the presidency. But being a member of the church does not make your political views right and it does not automatically mean you will make a great president. So if Romney sweeps the republican nomination and it ends up being between Romney and Obama, all I am saying is that Romney will have to be pretty darn convincing because I already have a high opinion of Obama and I agree with where he is taking us.

There. I said it all. And it feels good. Because you know what? Since this is my blog I did not have to argue with anyone! I could just say what I wanted to say even though it might be FULL of logical fallacies. I love that. And if anyone leaves a comment I moderate them so if I don't like it I don't have to post it. But feel free to comment!

And if you disagree with any or all of what I have said, good for you! We are all entitled to our opinions and I hope we can still be friends! Just know that in company I will never talk about it because I simply have too much love and respect for my friends to want to argue and fight about it. So there you go.

6 comments:

courtney said...

Incredibly well put... Even if people dont agree we are all entitled to our opinions! And at least yours is educated! I can't tell you how many people I know voted for Obama because of his race, or how many are planning to vote for Mitt because of his religion... Neither should even matter in the decision making process! Thanks so much! This was amazing to read!

Rachel K said...

You know, I'm starting to think the republicans are not budging in order to default on purpose so they can say "our nation defaulted when Obama was in office" in order to give them an edge for elections. Goodness knows Obama will get blamed for it if it does happen august 2nd. It's pretty disgusting if you ask me. Furthermore, not only Obama's term but Bush's too, it's plain to see that you can't blame the president for most of what's happened politically. It's next to impossible to get anything done because of all the political lobbying involved that really makes the laws these days. I bet Obama would have liked to have done a heck of a lot better in healthcare reform... too bad we got what we did. :-P As for Romney, let's not expect a miracle or something if he's elected....there are greater powers at work in government that even a member of the LDS faith is going to have trouble navigating. Government makes me sad :-(

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...

I love that about blogs you get to say whatever you want, how ever you feel and who cares if people like it or not. I think its great that you are an educated voter!!! We definitely have differing opinions but we both love our country and what the American people to succeed. loved reading this!

bluenomad77 said...

hear hear!

Emily said...

Will you come to Texas and be my neighbor? I need someone like you around here!

Becky said...

I wish that politics would involve more on the issues and less on the people.