Monday, August 2, 2010

I don't have to be perfect. I don't have to be a perfect teacher or a perfect wife or a perfect daughter. At least not in the way perfect is usually meant and how I usually think about it. God commands me to be perfect in the scriptures. But what he means is whole and complete. Does that mean that I can never make a mistake? No. Is being a perfect teacher who makes no mistakes and who everybody loves going to make me a whole and complete person? No. What makes me a whole and complete person is living a full and happy life. What makes me whole is my faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. What makes me whole is loving other people and being loved by other people. What makes me whole is trying my best. What makes me whole is knowing that I don't have to be "perfect."

No comments: