Friday, May 28, 2010

Headache

My head hurts. I spend 12 hours a day babysitting for my sister and then I have to come home and job hunt. It is hard to muster up the energy. A few positions have come open. One has already been filled, I have heard nothing from three more, and I was told by the curriculum director that there are over 40 applicants for the fifth. And it only one day a week! Unemployment in NC is hanging out somewhere around 15%. That is huge. I am fresh out of college with no real teaching experience. I have no connections there. They have more substitute teachers than they know what to do with. Who will hire me? I don't know if I would hire me simply because I am lacking experience. I just have to keep telling myself that if it is meant to be it will be. I can only do what I can do. If they don't want me this year then there is nothing I can really do about that. For those who read my blog, could you please offer up a little prayer that I will be able to find a job in North Carolina?

4 comments:

Becky said...

Done, dear Amanda. We pray for you and will keep praying that you will find the right job in North Carolina. Keep up the faith!

Emily said...

of course! It will work out. Love you.

Paula said...

After today, I hope you notice how awesome you are. I know that you will not have to choose and my prayer is that through you faith and prayers you will make the best choice for your family.

Paula said...

Whoops! I meant to say, I know you will have to choose. (:o}