Thursday, June 3, 2010

Honeymoon 2010

Since the miscarriage I have been really depressed, anxious, and stressed. I have been working like crazy to get my applications in to various schools around Winston-Salem (with no success by the way). I have not been myself in a while and it has been hard on my relationships. So Mark decided to take me away on a mini-vacation so we could get away from the stress and anxiety and just enjoy each other. He planned it all and it was marvelous.

We first went to dinner at Mimi's on Friday night. We had double dessert. We had sugar covered beignets at the restaurant and then chocolate shakes from In 'N Out. We actually went inside and got one shake to share and then I decided I wanted my own by the time we got back to the car so we went through the drive through and got another one.

We stayed the night at the University of Utah Marriott Hotel. It was beautiful! We woke up too late for breakfast and I had forgotten my hair brush so we went to Rite-Aid for a hair brush. Then we went to McDonald's and took it back to our hotel room to eat.



After breakfast we went to the Hogle Zoo. It was awesome! We saw an orangutan up close. It was on the inside part of it's cage and was sitting right in front of the Plexiglas. We were probably 5 inches from its face. Amazing.



We then went to the "This is the Place Monument" followed by a tour of the University of Utah campus. We had always wanted to see it so we drove over and walked around. It was pretty nice. Not as nice as BYU of course, but still nice. Mark was really impressed with the Medical School.



We had lunch at the Lion House Pantry on Temple Square. I had never been there and had always wanted to go. The food was fantastic! Mark was really happy they had sarsaparilla :)



After lunch we went to the State Capital. Right above the entrance where everyone walks in there were a TON of swallow nests! Mark had to have a picture.


We finished off the trip by visiting the Cathedral of the Madeleine and then we went home.



It was a WONDERFUL vacation. I especially loved spending so much time with Mark. I am more in love with him than ever. I could not have asked for a more loving and gentle husband. I am more grateful for him than I can express. He is my best friend and confidant and I am so glad we are sealed for time and all eternity. He is amazing. What a weekend :)

5 comments:

Emily said...

This is so fun and so sweet. I loved seeing all the pictures from your mini-vacation! :) I'm glad you got to get out and do something fun!

Becky said...

How cool! Happy honeymoon! I am so glad that you guys had so much fun.

Unknown said...

aw yay! I'm so glad you got to go do something fun to take your mind off things and relax for a bit. Sounds like it was awesome.

April said...

Guess what, my grandma was the Food Director at the Lion House for 8 years! (i think) She planned menus, compiled recipes, oversaw the kitchen and stuff like that. Neato, huh?? I'm glad you got a break, those can really help lift your soul, especially with your sweetheart.

Mindy said...

Amanda, I think about you often. Know that we pray for you and love you. I'm so glad you got to get away! I'm hoping that you will be able to find a job and have moments of peace. Thanks again for teaching me so much from your testimonies and example.