Monday, June 7, 2010

God Will Feel After You

"You will have all kinds of trials to pass through. And it is quite as necessary for you to be tried as it was for Abraham ad other men of God and ... God will feel after you."
~Joseph Smith~

This trial has been difficult for me. I have good days and bad days. I'll be fine one day and then so depressed I can hardly function the next day. I have not wanted to do any of the things I should: pray, study the scriptures, go to the temple, etc. I have sort of been going through the motions but sometimes not even that. It has been really hard for me to try and contact my Heavenly Father. But He has been trying to contact me. Here are some examples:
  • An inspired letter from a friend
  • A wonderful book from a caring sister-in-law
  • A lesson in church about bearing adversity
  • Inspired testimonies in church about having faith and putting trust in the Lord
  • Bearing my testimony and having the words I say be an answer to my own sorrow
  • Dispelling of fear when I felt like I was drowning in it
  • Caring friends who put their arms around me and cry for and with me
I really feel like the Lord has been "feeling after me." I have not been able to look for Him so He has been looking for me. He has put people in my way that deliver His message for me in a way that is almost impossible to miss. I feel like he is saying to me "Please don't leave me, Amanda. I am here for you. Even though you think I am not listening I am here! Be not afraid. Only believe."

3 comments:

Hilary and Eric said...

Amanda,

I don't want to sound cheesy but I really love your blog. You inspire me. I think you are so brave to share your trials with others. I just wanted to let you know that it brings me strength and my prayers are with you!

Hilary

A. B. said...

Thanks Hilary :) I don't think it sounds cheesy at all. And thanks for thinking I'm brave. Sometimes I don't feel very brave. I hope you are doing well. What are you up to these days?

April said...

you don't know me, but I found your blog through Mindy's and just want to say "Don't quit!" You must be having an incredibly difficult time - please don't give up! Check out the Mormon Messages - Good Things to Come!