Monday, August 27, 2012

Austin's 4 Month Update

I can't believe my baby is 4 months old! I do not know where the time has gone. It has simply flown by. I love him more every moment that passes. He is truly my pride and joy and greatest achievement. I love him more than I can express. Here are a few things about him at 4 months:

He sleeps like a champ-- 8 to 10 hours a night. If you had asked me two weeks after he was born if I ever imagined that was possible I would have told you no. He also takes 4 naps a day-- 45 minutes to 3.5 hours.

He is starting to laugh! It is fun to try and get him to do it. He is still not 100% there but he did have his first full out laughing fest with his dad while we were on vacation in AZ.

He is discovering his voice. He loves to coo and screech. I don't love the screech but he does. We call it his ring-wraith voice. He does it multiple times a day. It is a happy sound mostly :)

He loves his baby gym. He is getting strong enough now to rip the toys off of it. I'm so proud of my growing boy!

He loves, I mean LOVES sucking his thumb. He does it all the time, day or night.

He is still swaddled for naps but not at bedtime.

He travels really well. This is a great thing since we have and will be making a lot of trips in the next several months for various weddings and vacations.

He enjoys touching things with his hands. He tries to turn book pages. He is especially great at grabbing his O'ball, but his favorite toy is the ducky on his baby gym.

He had his baby blessing, his first trip to AZ, his first plane ride, and his first trip to the beach in his 4th month. Busy boy!

He is in the 40% for weight, 50% for height and *drum roll* 90% for head circumference. Boy is he smart!

P.S. One more thing, he loves to roll from side to side and often when I peek in on him at night after he has gone to sleep (I do that every night :) I find him sleeping on his side just like his mama :) Love that boy :)

2 comments:

Sam and Kat said...

Such a cute picture! He looks so much like is dad with that cute smile. :)

A. B. said...

Thank you! He totally has his dad's smile :) I LOVE it :)