Monday, August 6, 2012

2 Days and Going Strong!

I deactivated my facebook account. Yes. I'll admit. It was somewhat in response to all the negativity I garnered by my Chick-fil-A statement. But I have been considering it for a while now. I knew I was spending too much time on facebook. It was like my go-to page whenever I got on the internet. I would open up the computer check my e-mail and then immediately check facebook. Multiple times a day.

I am not against facebook by any stretch of the imagination. But let me tell you. I have felt awesome these last two days. Awesome. I have had more time on my hands. Well. I have been a better steward of the time I have on my hands. I have spent more time planning activities and foods to make for my family (a la pinterest :).  I have spent more time taking care of my home (DESPITE the olympics). And best of all I have spent more time with my little guy. I have played with him more. I have taken more pictures (not that I needed to do that...). I have read more. I have contacted people I love via phone and skype more. And all that in just two days.

I am sure I will reactivate my facebook account. It really is the only way I can stay in contact with a few people I care deeply about. But it is great getting out of my "facebook" habit and spending more time on things that are more personally fulfilling.

So don't be surprised if I post more on my blog. I have lots of thoughts running through my brain. I need an outlet. And for now, facebook is closed to me. But it has been a very, very sweet experience. All two days of it :)

3 comments:

Katie Houston said...

I've been off facebook for 1.5 years now and it has really made a difference in my overall happiness. I think it's a really good tool, but it wasn't good for me personally because I would use it to compare myself to others and get all kinds of unnecessary anxiety.

Emily said...

I love this! Thanks for your good example of using time better. Love you!

Unknown said...

I hate it because I need it slash don't want to need it slash don't really need it. Sigh. I think about deactivating it all the time. I wish I had more self discipline, but apparently I don't. Plus I use it for photography too. I need to take a self control class.