Monday, May 16, 2011

You Always Do That!

So every Monday morning I do "Weekend Reports" with my sixth grade classes. During weekend reports we take the first 3-4 minutes of class sharing what we did over the weekend. The kids get really into it and they really love  telling me and the class what they did for the weekend. It really helps the students build a relationship of trust with me and with their classmates. It also gives everyone a chance to be a good listener and a good audience member. I always make the speaker stop and wait if there is chatter going on. The kids really do enjoy it. I usually go first. My weekend report this week went something like this:

Me: "I had the BEST weekend. I got to hang out with my husband all weekend and then on Sunday I made strawberry upside down shortcake and this awesome dinner. I had the best weekend."

Well today one of my students said to me, "Mrs. Bailey, you ALWAYS say that. You always hang out with your husband and cook something."

I laughed and said "Well hey! If I love it, why not do it all the time."

Maybe you had to be there. It was pretty funny. I love my students. They are the best. And I obviously love Mark and food too and my students have started to notice. I hope they notice that I love them too :)

No comments: