Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Position on the New Gun Control Props

Go right ahead, Mr. President. There. I said it. I REALLY want to say that on facebook but I know it will blow up in my face. Here I can easily control who says what to me and if I don't like it then I don't have to post it.

EVERYONE is up in arms on facebook comparing President Obama to Hitler and Stalin. And I just want to say really? REALLY? Obama is not a dictator. He is not an evil man. The last time I checked he was not in the process of (or even on his way to) committing genocide against a group of people he didn't like. Who is really being marginalized here? The entire country? Law abiding gun owners? Because his laws are not going to affect them much at all.

Have you actually read or listened to his proposals on gun control? 99% of them are about enforcing stricter background checks; ensuring that people on medicaid or on the up and coming Obamacare know about their mental health benefits; beginning research on gun violence; and working on training police officers, schools, churches, and other public places on appropriate ways to respond to incidents like the Sandy Hook shooting. How is that bad?

Here is the website. The only guns he is looking to officially ban are assault weapons. Do we really need to own those anyway?! He also wants to reduce the largest purchasable magazine to 10 rounds. And those two will have to pass through congress.

I know people are scared. And I am sorry you are feeling that way. My husband is (almost ;) a doctor and I am scared of the way Obamacare is going to actually work out. In my mind I feel like all doctors everywhere are going to get the shaft. I despise the plan. And I didn't vote for President Obama.

That being said, I really don't feel like my second amendment rights are being infringed upon either. If I want to get a gun I can! Because I am a mentally stable, law abiding citizen. Mr. President simply wants to make it more difficult for crazy people to get guns.

Here is his proposal in full. Please read it. And please stop comparing him to Hitler. It is sickening, disrespectful, and untrue. It is slanderous. Know all the facts before you get up in arms. No pun intended.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/wh_now_is_the_time_full.pdf

No comments: