Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Amazing Father

You know, I realize with every passing day how amazing my dad was. And my mom. I have an acquaintance from BYU whose parents were married for something like 30 years and they suddenly divorced and now her dad is gay. Well. Mine was too. But he didn't give in to it. And my mom didn't leave him for it. My dad decided to repent and change his life. His heart was changed by the Savior so fully and completely that he looked at his sin and that way of life with abhorrence and would say in complete truthfulness "I can't believe I ever thought that was good or okay. It is disgusting." I know a lot of people wouldn't believe him or me when I say that he said that. But he did. And I know he meant it. And my parents stayed together. And they continued to grow in love and respect for one another until my dad died. My dad is so awesome. He really was a diamond in the rough, just like my mom said. He was the best sort of person there is and I am so proud that I was a part of his life and that he was a part of my life and that his genes are in my blood and that my baby will have them too. I am so blessed to have had the wonderful parents I had.

No comments: