Monday, February 28, 2011

See Blog Title

Sometimes I just need to reflect on the title of my blog and where it came from.

"Adventure is out there!" ~Ellie

I love the movie "UP." I always cry at the part where Ellie and Carl find out they can't have children. And then I love the very end when Carl figures out the Ellie filled her adventure book with pictures of the wonderful life they had together even though they never had any children. She let herself be sad for a little while and then she moved on and made her life wonderful with the things she had been given: good health, a fun job, and a great husband.

That is not to say Mark and I will never have children. Someday we will raise our own biological children or we will raise our adopted children. But until then I am going to have a wonderful time with the things I have been given: good health, a fun job, and a great husband. There are lots of adventures to be had in the world. I might not be having the one I thought I wanted; nevertheless I am having an adventure, and hopefully I will be a better person because of it!

Sometimes I have to keep reminding myself of the wonderful life I have. I want children more than I can say. Infertility is one of those trials that does not get easier with time. It gets more difficult. But the best part about this trial is that I know it is not indefinite. Sometimes trials we are given have no foreseeable end. I am lucky. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. It is when I am about 42 or 43 and past child bearing years. And either we will have children or we will not but I will be past child bearing and the horrible long waiting will be over.

So here is to the future and all those adventures waiting for me.

Cheers.

No comments: