Saturday, December 15, 2012

Tragedy

My heart breaks for the families of those slain in Connecticut. I have never shed tears at the breaking of news story, but I shed tears for this one. I have no words. But in my scripture study last night I read this:

Revelation 21:3-4
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will adwell with them, and they shall be his people, and bGod himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more adeath, neither bsorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more cpain: for the former things are passed away.
I can only imagine their pain, it must be great. I can only imagine their sorrow. But Christ knows their sorrow. And someday, he will wipe the tears from their eyes and give them understanding. I don't even know what to pray for. I guess I will pray that God will give them what they need right now.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I can hardly think about this without absolutely sickening with grief and internal agony. And yet I can't stop thinking about it.
It is the saddest I have felt about a national event since 9/11.
I love the verse you share from Revelation (even more than the one I posted on fb :). Truly, someday all will be well. And right now there are times like this when I just want to leave this ugly place. But then I remember Jesus.
And I know it will be okay, even now.

Unknown said...

That's a perfect verse for the situation. Thanks for sharing. I cried too, and I think it's because it's different now that I'm a Mom.