Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

It looks like Christmas morning over here in North Carolina the Bailey house and not because of the weather either! My house is covered in plastic wrappings, boxes, and paper. Christmas!

I can't believe this whole nesting business. The anxiety I have about having everything perfectly ready to go is almost more than I can handle. It is just this feeling of urgency and anxiety and every time I get one more thing done it is momentarily relieved until I start worrying about the next thing I want to get done. I just have to laugh at myself.

So back to the whole Christmas business. Mark and I subscribed to Amazon Prime. We got a student discount which is awesome. We decided to go with it because we can order Austin's diapers online from Amazon mom for a good price. Since we subscribed we have gotten nearly everything we were not given from Amazon. We will be getting a package (or multiple packages) every single day this week. Yesterday we got two. Today we got four. It feels like Christmas! The UPS man is going to be tired of us by the end of the week! But we never have to pay shipping so I don't stress about getting it all in one order.

It has been awesome and SO fun to shop for things for Austin! I made myself a wish list of items a while ago and I am finally getting around to getting most of them. Here are a few things that we have gotten/ordered. Some came from Amazon and some I got at Wal-Mart or other shops:


  • New camera! 
    • It is a point and shoot but it also takes full HD video and it is AWESOME (It came yesterday!)
  • New bookshelf! 
    • Mark put it up for me in Austin's room yesterday. It was the last thing the room needed. Now it is perfect!
  • Baskets! 
    • I got some blue lined wicker baskets to organize a few things on Austin's new bookshelf and changing table. They look awesome and are functional too!
  • Bouncer!
    • We couldn't decide between a swing and a bouncer but went with the bouncer in the end. We'll borrow a swing and see if we like it too before we purchase one.
  • Nursing... accoutrements 
    • I won't go into detail. Let's just say I got what I needed :)
  • Diaper Pail!
    • It is simple and uses grocery bags. But it will get the job done!
  • Smokey Joe 14 inch Charcoal Grill!
    • Not for Austin, for Daddy. He took Step One on Saturday and I am so proud of him. It is his little reward. We are super excited to grill on it this summer!
So there you have it. Those things have all arrived. We are now just waiting on a baby monitor and a few more... accoutrements. Merry Christmas/Nesting/Getting ready for a new phase in our lives to us!

And a HUGE thank you to all of our friends and family who have been SO, so generous to us at this time. We can't thank you enough for everything you have given to us in the way of gifts for Austin and love and support as we anticipate his arrival! Thank you!

No comments: