Thursday, March 17, 2011

Good Things

I am feeling so happy today. Here are some good things in my life:

1. My husband. He always goes at the top of any list of good things. I love him more than I can say.

2. My fundraiser is OVER and I made $1300!!! Yay! That will buy me lots of new music and supplies next year. My students are officially amazing.

3. I finally finished this giant purchase order that has been hanging over my head for months. It is SUCH a relief to have it done.

4. I have realized that all I can do is my best when it comes to preparing my students for all-county chorus this year. I have learned my lesson about who and how to pick. I won't be making the same mistakes next year that is for sure.

5. Only 4 more weeks until SPRING BREAK! I think I can I think I can I think I can!!!

6. My mom. She should probably be up there at number 2 actually. I love talking to her almost every day. She makes my commute home so awesome. I can't wait until I get to see her.

7. My sister. She should probably be up at number 3. She always gives me the best advice. I am so thankful I have her to look up to. I am sad she does not have a big sister but I am SO glad I have one. She is the best. 

8. Because I have not been too burned out and depressed this week my house is actually pretty clean and not a total disaster like it usually is on Thursday night.

9. One of my favorite people on the fat people show (The Biggest Loser) reached her goal weight on the ranch. I was just so happy for her! She is my inspiration.

10. My cat Moses. He is so funny. I am so glad I have students and cat to temporarily fill in the empty space in my heart that aches for children.

11. Rick Riordan. He writes the BEST books. I am so glad to have discovered him as an author.

12. Friends. Especially the Condons and the Condies. 

13. Family. All family.

14. Mark's cousin David. He and his wife just had their first baby and they named him John Mark (last name). They named him after my Mark. It was such an honor not only to Mark but to me and I can't explain how touching it was to me that they did that. I can't wait to meet their little boy and hold him and rock him. 

15. Heavenly Father. He has shown me so many tender little mercies. For example: On Monday I was emotionally spent by the time my last two classes were about to come. I said a prayer in the little 10 minute break I have before they arrive and just begged Heavenly Father for their good behavior. I told him I felt like I was about to break into a million pieces and I was afraid I would not be able to hold it together. I felt like I was about to snap. Well. Both of those classes were abnormally fabulous that day and left me feeling refreshed and ready for the next day. Amazing. 

16. Elder Joseph Bailey. That is Mark's little brother. He is on his mission right now in the Czech Republic and his letters each week are an inspiration to me. I am so happy he is serving the Lord. He strengthens my testimony every day. 

17. The Friendly Center: That is a fabulous shopping center in Greensboro. They have ALL of our favorite stores there: The Apple Store, Yankee Candle, Harris Teeter, Barnes and Noble, Bath and Body Works, Williams Sonoma, Mimi's, REI, etc... It is awesome. Mark and I went there last weekend to see the new iPad 2. We want it :)

18. A backyard where I can throw around a football with my husband.

19. Cookbooks with AWESOME recipes. I found the best recipe for a Rueben Sandwich and it is SO easy. Yum!

20. Cold Stone Creamery. I LOVE ice cream. 

21. Modern medicine. I have my first appointment to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist in a month. Here's hoping. 

I could go on and on and on. Man. Once you start counting your blessings it is really hard to stop! But I want to go and read so I am going to stop. I am feeling so happy and blessed today. I love feeling happy because it makes me a better person and a better teacher. It is so much easier to feel hopeful when I am not beset by all my fears and anxiety but maybe that is one thing my infertility is supposed to teach me-- to have hope even when it is hard or seems like all is lost. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

Amanda -
I love this post. I loved reading through your list and hearing about all these good things. Your list is making me feel happy! :) I love all of your reasons to be happy! And I love you! You guys are definitely on our blessings list as well. :)

You can totally make it to spring break! Also, when we come and visit we should go to the Friendly Shopping Center, just to browse and have fun! :)

LOVE YOU! Happy weekend!