Sunday, March 13, 2011

Feeling About the Same

I am still feeling about the same as I did when I wrote my previous post. I am trying to pull myself out of it and I have had some wonderful e-mails and comments. Thank you my dear friends for your kind words of encouragement. I have been reading talks all day. Everything seemed to apply but I am still sad and anxious and having a hard time being courageous. Like I said, I am still trying to pull myself out of this rut I am in. A lot of the quotes were wonderful but I am still feeling so hurt and sad that mostly I do not want to hear them or heed them. I just want to ignore their messages of hope and help. But I did find one that I wanted to put in a place where I could reference it easily and not forget it:

Keep your eyes on your dreams, however distant and far away. Live to see the miracles of repentance and forgiveness, of trust and divine love that will transform your life today, tomorrow, and forever. 
~Jeffrey R. Holland, The Best is Yet to Be, LiahonaJan. 2010


 Isn't that just so beautiful? Keep your eyes on your dreams. I am only 24 and I feel them slipping away already. How sad. I am NOT going to let them go. I think that is one lesson I can learn from my students. I often ask them what they want to be when the grow up. Many of them say "A singer, a model, an athlete, etc..." The practical part of me wants to say "Probably not going to happen kid. Choose something else." But there ARE people who become those things. They don't give up on their dreams. My dream is definitely achievable. I think the hardest part for me is that I feel like I have no control over it. No matter what I do it never comes any closer. But it is still my dream and so I am still going to hold on to it. I am going to keep my eyes on my dreams and work until I get there. 



No comments: