Thursday, February 18, 2016

Back to Blogging?

My kids are getting older and as they grow up some I find myself with more time on my hands! Two blog posts in one week after months of no blogging? Either I have a lot on my mind or else I just have more time now that my kids are post-baby age and pre-school age.

So the thing I hate the most about infertility treatments are that I just feel like I am not in control of my own body. It's really not a very nice feeling. All I want is for it to work properly and it doesn't. I am on the time table dictated by my physician: Exercise now. Don't exercise now. Take this. Don't take that. Have sex now. Wait a few days before having sex. Wait. Test yourself on this day.

We are taking a break for several months while we save up for more treatments and also just to give ourselves an emotional rest. Yesterday I signed up for a sprint triathlon. I can't wait. It feels so awesome to be dictating the schedule TO my body instead of being dictated to BY my body.

Today I started my training with a 9 mile bike ride. It felt amazing. Instead of googling "early pregnancy signs" or "earliest I can take a pregnancy test after an IUI" I am googling "full sleeve vs. sleeveless wetsuit" and "12 week training ideas" and looking up nearby training facilities. It just feels so good to feel like I have some control for a little while. I've already booked the hotel for our family for my race. We're planning on making it a little family vacation. It's been fantastic.

So here is to several months of taking control until I am ready to put the timing of my life back in the Lord's hands.
(pic from a tri I did about a year ago) 

1 comment:

Melissa S. said...

What an amazing feeling for you I'm sure. Something that few could fully understand. And I imagine the mental/stress release it gives you. Good luck on training. Has the race happened yet?!?!