Friday, June 19, 2015

Acts 26:28 and Laudato Si

Do you know what Acts 26:28 says? It is King Agrippa speaking to Paul and he says, "Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian."

I feel like as I read Laudato Sithe second encyclical of Pope Francis, I can place myself in Acts 26:28:

"Then Amanda said unto Pope Fancis, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Catholic."

Pope Francis says some seriously cool stuff. I'm loving his example more and more as time passes. I really believe he is called by God to be where he is, even though I'm Mormon and not Catholic.

I haven't finished reading it but I plan to. It is beautifully written and essentially talks about being better stewards of the earth and taking care of the vulnerable and poor. Lately I have been working out in my mind how to do both of those things so this encyclical really spoke to me.

Sometimes I wish I had the ability to see into people's hearts like Jesus did.  He took such good care of the poor and always knew what to do. He spent time with people who others overlooked or looked down on. He knew how to take care of people in the best way to help them. I hope when I meet my Maker the same can be said of me.

If I could thank Pope Francis for his inspired words I would. My dad always said to me, "You know, Amanda, if we were not Mormon we would be Catholic."

No comments: