Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Old Wheezy

For all the disadvantages of the field of work my husband has chosen there are also fantastic benefits.

Last night was a long night. I stayed up too late because sometimes I just need quiet alone time at the end of the day to decompress. I went to bed around 11:00. I peeked in on my boys to check on them. I do that every night before I go to bed. When I went in to see Sean he lifted his head and started to cry and wheeze. 

Austin had croup twice an infant and toddler so I know what it sounds like. I also had been coughing and wheezing all evening. I went in and woke up Mark to have him take a listen. He said he thought he would be okay; but when I went to try and put Sean back to sleep, and he was hysterical because he couldn't breathe properly, Mark got out of bed and took a second listen. 

He then got on the phone, found a 24 hour pharmacy, called in a prescription for Sean, and went out at 1:00 AM to pick up the prescription. No emergency room visit. No doctor visit. Just the right medicine in the right amount at the right time. Sean is doing much better and we were all able to get back to sleep at 2:30 (after Austin woke up crying once.) 

I'm so thankful to have a Doctor Husband. It sure is nice on long nights with a croupy child. 



No comments: