Sunday, August 7, 2011

Start of the Year Blessing

Mark just gave me a blessing. He talked a lot about love in that blessing. Before he gave me the blessing I prayed the most sincere prayer unto the Lord that I have prayed in a long time. I felt like I was being totally honest with Him. I asked him to help me love my students as my own children. I asked him to help me be prepared and to work hard. I asked him to bless me that my pregnancy will be successful and result in a family for Mark and I. Then Mark gave me a blessing. He blessed me to love my students and those that I serve even if I don't always understand them or even if they are frustrating. He blessed me that I would understand them and where they are coming from in their lives. He told me to remember how many people love me and that if I get frustrated or upset to remember that I can always count on them for advice and help. He blessed me that I would be able to bear my anxieties and frustrations easily this year. He told me in my blessing that the Lord has been aware of me and has been watching me with all the children in my life this last year and that he has seen the great love I have had for them. I felt in my heart as he prayed that maybe the Lord had been testing me this year with so many children to see how I would react to them. I feel like I passed! Mark said I had been put in positions of trust with all those people and children and that the Lord knew how much I loved them and that he has been preparing me for motherhood. That is all he said about that. It was a really beautiful blessing. I really feel ready to go back to school now. In my prayer I asked the Lord to help me be able to help them be better people. I asked the Lord to help me be a role model to the children. I asked the Lord to help me help them be better musicians and that I could be a positive influence in their lives. I asked him to help me remember why I chose to teach. In my apprehension for the upcoming school year I think I forgot how much I love people and how much I love my colleagues and students. It is going to be a great year. I think it will be a hard year. Maybe harder than last year. But I am determined to love a lot and learn a lot no matter what and not let anything get me down. I was made for this job and the Lord has led me to it.

No comments: