Monday, April 25, 2011

Jesus Christ, my Savior and Friend

I only a couple of minutes but my heart is so full I had to share.

I am so thankful for Jesus Christ. Mark and I did not have the financial resources to celebrate Easter in any way this year which gave me plenty of time to reflect on Jesus Christ, my Savior. I am so thankful for Christ. I am so thankful for the atonement. My heart is overflowing with gratitude. I do not even have the words to express how much I appreciate and love Jesus Christ for what he did and for Heavenly Father allowing his only begotten son in the flesh to suffer and die for my transgression and pain.

I know the closeness I feel right now to my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ is because I have been reading the Book of Mormon, sincerely praying, and attending church regularly. I am so thankful for these tools that are allowing me to know Christ better. To know Heavenly Father better. To know myself better. I am so thankful for the perspective I am gaining from the scriptures and prayer.

I love my Savior. I love my Heavenly Father. I love the Holy Scriptures. I know there is more to life than what we can see with our eyes and hear with our ears. I know there is a part of life that we must learn to see and hear with our hearts. I am so thankful to have guidance from God during this time in my life. He sure doesn't tell me everything and he lets me learn from trial and error but he does tell me all the time I am loved, cared for, and watched over. God is good. Easter is the best time of year.

No comments: