Thursday, December 30, 2010

A "purrrrr-fect" Christmas

I just had the most wonderful Christmas break. I got to spend oodles of time with my mom. I wish I was still in AZ so I could spend more time with her! I love her more than anyone (except for Mark!) I got to spend quality time with my in-laws. I got The Art of French Cooking by Julia Child. I can't WAIT to get started! I got a wonderful love note from my husband. That was my favorite gift. I was spoiled rotten by both of my families. I have the most wonderful family in the world. It was delightful spending Christmas with all of them.

I have the most wonderful mother-in-law and father-in-law. My father-in-law has really started to fill the gap left by my dad passing away. He is so loving and kind. He is so interested in what happens to me. I feel like he is proud of me and wants the best for me, just like my dad used to do. He is a wonderful father. He gives me hugs just at the right time when I need them. I am not sure I can really explain it but he has really helped me deal with the loss of my father by stepping up to the plate and being more like a father than a father-in-law to me. My mother-in-law is also a wonderful person. She always makes me feel comfortable and she is always there to help me when I need it. She and my mother are the kind of women I want to be when I grow up. There is simply no competition between my in-laws and anyone else's in-laws in my opinion. They are  loving, generous, and kind. They are so wonderful that most of the time I simply don't know what to say to them. I never feel like I can adequately express my gratitude to them. First of all I will always be in their debt for raising such a wonderful son to be my husband. And they keep doing all these wonderful and amazing things for me! I know that in this life I can never repay them for their kindness and goodness. I hope I can pay it forward with my own children someday.

Their most recent generous gift to us was Moses. He is a cat. He is the best, most beautiful, most well behaved cat in the world. He was their cat. But they decided they no longer needed him to be around. So they decided to give Moses to us. We were so excited. Then we discovered it would be quite a challenge (and an expense) getting Moses all the way across the country. We were disappointed because we thought we would not be able to have him. But they somehow knew how much we needed something to love and take care of (because we can't have children right now). So they took care of all the arrangements and the expenses and flew Moses home with us. So now we are the proud owners of a wonderful cat named Moses. it feels so wonderful to have this little animal in our home. It helps to fill the empty space in our hearts for now.

So if you read this Mom and Dad Bailey, THANK YOU. You'll never know how much this means to us... especially me. Because I know my infertility is harder on Mark than he lets on. And I know he gets lonely during the day. But now he has a special friend to keep him company. So he is happier. And I LOVE cats and I love it when Mark is happy, so I am happier too. Thank you again. I love you. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Emily said...

oh yay! Yay for wonderful family and yay for your new cat! I'm so excited for you guys! Doesn't having a pet just fill that void so much? I can't wait to see and hear more about Moses!

Love you!

~Rachel said...

I got a cat too! we aren't going to try for a family for a while and its been really hard for me so Zack got me a kitten named Remmi. I love having him around and it feel so great to have something fuzzy and cute to mother. I hope you have a great time with yours!!!!!