Sunday, August 18, 2013

What I Hope For

I have the most beautiful picture of God in my mind's eye. It is almost indescribable.

I want Him to be everything I imagine: benevolent, firm, understanding, having high expectations, creative, artistic, brilliant. The list just goes on and on.

When I think about God I imagine the perfect parent and I feel so warm and happy inside. I think of how happy I am here and hope that this is not all there is to existence. I want so badly for there to be more. And I hope beyond hope that God is real. I want God to be real so badly. I want to meet this man I have envisioned. I want to meet his son, Jesus Christ.

Sometimes I believe he is real. Sometimes I hope he is real. Someday I hope I KNOW he is real and meet him face to face.



1 comment:

Emily said...

This is a beautiful post Amanda. I love the words that you used to describe our loving Heavenly Father. I know He loves you and Mark and Austin and your new little one so, so much.