Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy

I just want to post a few things I am thankful for (except for number one, they are not in order of importance):

1. My husband. He is my best friend. My marriage to him just keeps getting better and better. Sometimes I think I don't deserve such a wonderful man. I love him more than anything.
2. My home. It is beautiful and comfortable.
3. Enough to eat. I see so many homeless people on street corners here and it breaks my heart.
4. My job! I love my students. I love my coworkers. The commute isn't even that bad. My students fill a void in my childless life. They make me feel like a parent. I even have one class that calls me "Mom". They are sweet.
5. My mother. I am so thankful to have her in my life. I could not have asked for a better mom. She is always there for me. She always listens to what I have to say. She always takes care of me, even though I live 2000 miles away. She is so strong. I love her.
6. A doctor who understands that having children is important to me even though I am young. I had my first visit to a fertility doctor here in Winston. We were talking about my medical history (which he had right in front of him since I asked BYU to mail it over) and he asked me where I had gotten the work done. I said "Utah. I went to school there" and he asked me which one. I told him BYU and he asked me if I was Mormon. I said yes. He then told me that he had several Mormon patients and he pointed to a picture on his filing cabinet. It was a picture of probably 10-12 children and he said "Those are all the children in a nearby ward that I have delivered." He said the moms all got together at church and took a picture of all the kids at church to send him. It was awesome. He isn't a member but he understands. It just made me happy. I found him on the internet. I think it was meant to be.

I have to get ready for work now, but I just wanted to post a few things before I go. I love my life.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yay! I love this post! Thanks for posting all that you're grateful for! And how wonderful about the doctor! That is meant to be! I love it! :)

And I love you!!!

Paula said...

I love that you are my child. Thank you for your goodness and your continued faithfulness to things important. I love you very much...MOM